Worthing Dome Cinema
  Home page    E-mail: rob.blann@worthingdomecinema.com  
Return to Home Page
Return to the Home Page

Photos of the Worthing Dome Cinema restoration
Photo galleries documenting Worthing Dome's history.

The restoration of the Dome tower and its crowning glory in 1995 for over £300,000.

1904 - 1954 The Early Years
The history of
the Worthing Dome,
impresario Carl Seebold,
and of Worthing cinemas.

1969 - 1989 The Perilous Years
20 years under threat of demolition, the Dome Cinema was defended by townsfolk.

1989 - 1999 The Uncertain Years
The 10 years of struggle after getting the Dome listed and before receiving a Stage 1 pass from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Key Characters
Without any of these 5 individuals the Dome would never have been built and flourished, then later saved and restored.

Links page

Privacy Policy
Cookies Policy
Dome Cinema - What's on

Send a message

The Untold Story

The Live Performers

Before 1915 the Dome was called The Kursaal and the Coronation Hall (now the main auditorium) was used for roller skating, exhibitions, concerts and variety shows.

The Ladies Team of the Worthing Kursaal Hockey Club wearing their roller skates, pictured on the floor of the Coronation Hall with the stage and its curtains behind.Carl Seebold's very own group of artists known as the Worthing Whimsies pictured in the Kursaal Garden in 1914 by Otto Brown.
Carl Seebold's Worthing Whimsies putting on a show.Carl Seebold's Worthing Whimsies putting on a show.

E-mail: rob.blann@worthingdomecinema.com